“I think of you often and how much I appreciate you. You were so kind and thoughtful in working with me. Thank you for being the blessing you were to me and to all those you help; that need a caring person to go to bat for them. My love and appreciation.”
“I was referred to Todd at the lowest point of my life. I had been hit by a drunk driver, who maimed me and took the life of my dog. Todd resolved my case with the best possible outcome without subjecting me to unnecessary emotional or physical strain. Todd is an excellent attorney who genuinely cares for his clients, and it likely that I would not be alive today if it wasn’t for Todd.”
“My mother and niece were killed by a distracted driver using their cell phone. Todd Clement was recommended to represent us. He showed great concern and compassion. He worked tirelessly trying to gain some justice for our loss. I feel we could not have had a better lawyer nor a better man than Todd Clement. He will be our friend for the rest of our lives.”
With every serious case entrusted to him, Todd tries to fulfill the commandment found in Galatians 6:2 to “help carry one another’s burdens and in this way, you will obey the laws of Christ.” Since he only handles a select few cases per year, clients will usually talk directly with Todd as their case progresses. He personally and promptly returns phone calls, usually the same day. Todd also strives to get to know his clients personally and many lifetime friendships have resulted.
Todd has been selected by his peers as a D Magazine Best Dallas Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Lawyer published in the April issues of D Magazine since 2009, one of only six plaintiff’s personal injury attorneys so named in every listing through 2019.
In 2019, Super Lawyer named Todd to the Texas Top 100 Super Lawyers list, an exclusive listing of the 100 lawyers in Texas regardless of specialty who received the highest point totals during the Super Lawyer selection process. Todd has also been named to the Top 100 D/FW Super Lawyers List regardless of specialty in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019. Super Lawyers has named Todd to its Personal Injury Plaintiff Texas Super Lawyer list published in the October issues of Texas Monthly every year since 2009.
Todd served as president of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association in 2014. Todd has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association (“TTLA”) since 2008 where he also serves as chairman of its Listserve Committee. In 2012, TTLA awarded Todd its John Howie Award.
Todd is a lifetime member of both the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums.
Based on surveys of other attorneys, Martindale Hubbell has awarded Todd its highest ranking annually for over twenty years. His legal ability is ranked “A – Very High to Preeminent” and his ethical standards are ranked “V – Very High”. A Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence and experience and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
Todd decided he wanted to be an attorney when he was in junior high. He graduated third in his class from law school, received a prestigious clerkship with the Texas Supreme Court and worked five years at a prominent downtown Dallas law firm working for and being mentored by the name partner, past national president of the American Board of Trial Advocates and Dallas legal legend, Bob Vial.
Towards the end of his years at Vial Hamilton, Todd was given the opportunity to represent a teenager who received severe brain damage in a truck crash and the widow of a man who burned to death in a crash with a wrecker. Through those cases, he realized that representing injured victims and their families, not defendants and insurance companies, was his life’s calling. Todd then spent two more years working with and learning from another legendary Dallas trial lawyer, Boyd Waggoner, before founding his own successful personal injury practice in 1995.
Todd Clement has successfully tried many major personal injury cases throughout his career. However, due to his reputation for tireless preparation, assembling a trial team of the best experts and effectiveness in trial, many cases settle without the necessity of trial.
Todd is a popular speaker and teacher to other attorneys. His most recent speeches include:
- 2019 University of Texas – Not Just A Big Car Crash – Yin and Yang Trucking Tips and Pitfalls
- 2019 State Bar of Texas – Advanced Personal Injury – “Use of New Commercial Technology in Discovery and at Trial: GPS and Driver Cameras
- 2018 DTLA Luncheon — “The New Texting Law”
- 2017 TTLA Annual Seminar — “What You Absolutely Positively Gotta Know About….New Commercial Motor Vehicle Technology”
- 2017 State Bar of Texas Webinar — “Driving While Distracted, The New DWI”
- 2017 State Bar of Texas — Civil Appellate Practice Course — “Ranchers and Farmers Should be Friends: How Trial and Appellate Lawyers Should Work Together”
- 2016 State Bar of Texas — Prosecuting and Defending Truck Cases — “Driving While Fatigued — Science and Discovery”
- 2016 TTLA National Webinar — “Truckers: The Bullies of the Road”
- 2016 State Bar of Texas (Dallas/Houston/San Antonio) — Advanced Personal Injury — “Distracted Driving”
- 2016 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) — Successful Strategies in Changing Behavior
- 2016 National Safety Counsel (Dallas) — “Cell Phones and Driving, Bad For Business”
- 2015 State Bar of Texas — Advanced Personal Injury — “Texting and Driving: Discovery of Cell Phone Usage”
- 2015 TTLA Oil Rig and Construction Accidents — “Oilfield Fatigue and Sleep Deprivation Liability”
- 2015 TTLA Car Wrecks — “Nuts and Bolts of a Routine Car Wreck: Ten Things I Wish I Knew”
- 2014 Texas Department of Transportation Distracted Driving Summit — “DWD, Bad for Business”
- 2014 Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association — “DWD, Driving While Distracted, The New DWI”
- 2014 National Safety Council (New Jersey) — “Cell Phones and Driving, Bad For Business”
- 2013 TTLA Efficient One Day Trial Seminar — “DWD, Driving While Distracted, The New DWI”
- 2013 National Safety Council Seminar — “Cell Phones and Driving, Bad for Business”
- 2012 TTLA Annual Meeting — “DWD, Driving While Distracted, The New DWI”
- 2012 Capital Area Trial Lawyers — “Cell Phone and Driving, A Deadly Combination”
- 2012 Texas Distracted Driving Summit — “DWD, Driving While Distracted, The New DWI”
- 2012 National Safety Council Webinar — “Cell Phones and Driving, Bad For Business”
- 2011 TTLA Annual Meeting — “Driving Case Value”
- 2011 TTLA Road Rules — “Technical Trucking”
- 2010 TTLA Car Wrecks Seminar — “Technical Trucking”
- 2010 TTLA Advanced Personal Injury Seminar — “Non-Economic Damages”
- 2009 El Paso Trial Lawyers — “Truckers: The Bullies of the Road”
- 2008 TTLA Car Wrecks Seminar — “Truckers: “The Bullies of the Road”
- 2007 TTLA Advanced Personal Injury Seminar — “Proven Trial Tactics”
- 2006 TTLA Car Wrecks Seminar — “Trucking Litigation”
- 2005 TTLA Advanced Personal Injury Seminar — “Damages for Pain and Impairment”
- 2004 TTLA Advanced Personal Injury Seminar — “Premises Cases”
- 2003 TTLA Car Wrecks — “Trucking”